Department of Mathematics has been established as an independent department in July 2010. Knowledge and skills in Mathematics and / or Statistical techniques are increasingly in demand in many areas of engineering and sciences therefore the department of Mathematics aims at providing theoretical and practical support to the undergraduate, graduate and research students. The objective of courses offered by the department of mathematics is to provide students, knowledge of Mathematics applied in engineering and as well as provision of pre requisites for higher studies and research in different disciplines. In general the department is focused
- To provide students a solid background of mathematics with the aim of producing mathematicians, who can use mathematics for the development of society in general and engineers in particular.
- To attain excellence in teaching Applied Mathematics to undergraduate, graduate and post graduate level students.
- To develop research facilities and establishing an inspiring environment for research in core areas of Applied Mathematics.
- To encourage students as well as faculty members to achieve their maximum personal potential.
Besides providing support to all Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Science programmes in order to give them required knowledge and skill of Mathematics, the department also offers following programmes.
- Bachelor of Science in Computational Finance (BSCF)
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematics(MSAM)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Mathematics(PhD)